Friday, October 07, 2005

Overheard In New York


This site is outright hilarious, so original: http://www.overheardinnewyork.com.

Here are some samples:

Chick: You talkin' to me like I'm retarded! I can read between the lines...I can read under the lines and above the lines! But you're talkin' like I have a mental condition!
Guy: Sorry, baby...

--5 train

Overheard by: Brian Vitunic

Guy #1: "Leibovitz, Phederson, Yushuvayeva"--
Guy #2: Whatever happened to Ellis Island changing people's names so we can say them?

--68th & Lexington

Overheard by: Dina Pirutinsky

Queer #1: She's kinda bummed...Her parents split; her dad's marrying another man. Queer #2: Luckily, that's not atypical.

--Elevator, 14th Street & 8th Avenue

Overheard by: zac

Queer: I don't care about my boyfriend like I care about you. I am buying you these things because I love you.

His phone rings.

Queer: Hello?...Aw, I love you, too.

He hangs up.

Queer: That was him.

--Barney's, Madison Avenue

Girl #1: You know when I goes out with a boy, I like to make sure that I am all clean and shit.
Girl #2: I know, me too.
Girl #1: Come to think of it, I like to be clean when I go out with the girls, too...Ya know, one of them always ends up touching ya.
Girl #2: I hears ya.

--2 train

Overheard by: jonathan

Queer #1: We are going to the Kelly Clarkson concert in two weeks, you should come.
Queer #2: I have to go home that weekend. They are having a memorial for my grandpa who died. Maybe I can get out of it.
Queer #1: Seriously. I mean people die all the time, but Kelly Clarkson only comes to New York like twice a year.

--Splash, W. 17th Street

Hobo: You like rap? I started that shit. I did. I started that rap shit. Way before hip-hop. You don't like rap, you ain't shit.

--4 train

Overheard by: Aaron

Chick: Have you ever heard of that website, Gawker.com?

--Larry Lawrence, Williamsburg

Overheard by: Fairest

Chick: Is that woman pregnant and drinking a beer? Oh wait, that's just her gut. Probably from all the beer!

--Yankee Stadium

Old guy: Yeah, here today, gone tomorrow. I want to come back as a Polynesian prince.

--Astoria

Overheard by: sara

AMNew York Guy: Free Spanish newspaper! Assimilation doesn't mean you have to give up your heritage!

--Park Slope

White girl: That's terrible! The only thing I want my kids to be that I'm not is half-black.

--Columbia University

Guy: God, hipsters will nod their heads to anything.

--Central Park SummerStage

Southern woman: Why George, I'm just so proud of yew; I thought yew'd be grossed out by the Blue Man Group.

--Marriott Marquis, Times Square

Overheard by: Beantown Interloper

Old lady: Oh! That's a cute dog, what's his name?
Woman: Billy.
Old lady: Oh really? It's not Rover? Most people name their dogs Rover.

--Foodtown, Sunnyside Overheard by: Nate B

No comments: