Is Nitish Really In A Bad Shape?
|Lalu Prasad Yadav, at a political meeting in Kesariya, Bihar, India. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)|
- Nitish made it sound like he might have been okay with L.K.Advani, he was just unhappy with Modi. To the Indian "secularists," Advani is not "secular."
- I personally think Modi is way better than Advani.
- Nitish has not made a clear case. He should have made the case that yes, he is in the running for Prime Minister, and that he can do so much more for Bihar from the center. Instead Biharis who like him have been left in the fear that should he move to Delhi, all development work in Bihar will come to a stop.
- I don't know how well or not Nitish will do this time. But I can tell you he will get a 60% majority in the assembly elections next year. By the time he is done, he will have stayed in power for 20 years.
- This time the Third Front party that will have the most MPs will be able to make a claim.
- That is not to say I know Modi will not make it. He might. He is the only one who has run a national campaign.
- If Nitish is not doing well, it can be argued, you can't win if you are not even running.
I don't begrudge Laloo. He was as magical a Railway Minister as Nitish has been magical as Chief Minister.