Friday, September 23, 2005

A Great Mixer


Yesterday was the best DFNYC event ever for me. Too bad noone was dancing. Loud, fast, simple music. Large crowd. That is my idea of a cocktail. But I did dance on my own before leaving. Lewis: "We should make you the official DFNYC dancer." Is that a mascot?

Mark Green shows up just like that. "Mr. Green, Paramendra Bhagat, new in town." "Mark Green, old in town." And one member - Marion Ms. "Both Lewis and I were born in Manhattan" - works at Kofi Annan's office, and got to meet Richard Gere when he dropped by. (When people ask me what religion I am, I am prone to say, "I am a Buddhist, like Richard Gere." A-n-y association is good.) And a guy in advertising who had a copy of the New York Times, the Arts section, for the 25th! And Dan Jacoby finally learns my name. And Ms. Sunshine birthday girl Heather Woodfield claims her cheerfulness is just a "facade." What a twist. And queen Tracey Denton is all humble about DFNYC. Oh, we are just a small group, just getting by. And Leila shows up with Norman Siegel stickers. And I tell her about a movie I once saw about these Japanese soldiers on little islands out there in the Pacific in the middle of nowhere. It is ten years after World War II and they are still fighting the war because noone told them the war is over. And a guy who worked on this for months because his girlfriend temporarily does not have health insurace: http://www.truthonbloomberg.org. And Andrew and Martha, veterans of the Cesnik machine, all pumped up. And an Austrian journalist who recently covered Katrina: she was associated with the Green Party in her country, but now is a US correspondent for a major newspaper in Austria. Two people running for Congress, one of whom can't tell Austria from Australia: "I guess I will just say Europe somewhere." One of them from Eery, PA. "I've been there!" And Mason from Boston from Cote D' Vere (sp?) who is outraged Goldman Sachs just got $1.6 bilion from the city for moving from one place in the city to another. "I need to tell Tracey about this." And Renna is all worked up about world poverty. "There is a Katrina a day out there."

I shoulda brought my camera along.

First to get there, last to leave.
- PKB.

Bloomberg Is No Democrat --- pass it on
http://democracyforum.blogspot.com/2005/09/bloomberg-is-no-democrat.html

From: "Larry P, member, Truth on Bloomberg Group"
To: "Paramendra Kumar Bhagat"
Subject: Re: was great meeting you at the mixer/TruthOnBloomberg
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 22:15:18 -0400

Hello

Thanks for the link to my site.

I am a professional advertiser, however I'm not a professional campaigner, fundraiser or organizer. Any help will be welcomed.

I really started this site as a push to build momentum. It's a push to remind Democrats of who they really are. It's a push to get people passionate.

While TruthOnBloomberg goes against the mayor, we'll soon have a new site that will display an issue-by-issue reason to vote FOR Ferrer.

When asked "Why should I vote for Ferrer?" these are big things to mention:

1. Ferrer will give universal healthcare to all NYC children.
2. Ferrer will actively get funding for the schools, something Bloomberg has not done.
3. Ferrer will require that developers who get tax breaks for housing MUST build units not only for low earners, but for MIDDLE earners.
4. Ferrer will install a high-level emergency management authority, instead of Bloomberg's NYPD-centric authority.

Talk to you soon,

Larry 1

No comments: