I want Barack to be able to keep the House, because I want him to do the good work he wants to do on comprehensive immigration reform next year. (The Dumbfuck Immigration Laws, Immigration Now?, Save Immigration For 2011, In South Africa They Had Apartheid, In America They Got Immigration)
I also want him to defy history one more time. He defied history in November 2008. His father would not have been served lunch in many parts of this country, and this dude is munching on snacks in the Oval Office. Unbelievable. But critics have started saying anyone can defy history one time. If he were to defy history two times, those critics would be silenced. And I want them silenced. History tells us a sitting president is supposed to lose this November election. Got to defy that, dude. (Obama's Got Momentum: He Could Defy History In November)
Barack's best bet at defying history would be to crisscross the country with his namesake Reshma. There are many reasons why. (Reshma: Obama's Number One Weapon For November 2010)
- Reshma has not been in Congress. (September 14 Will Birth The New Woman) If Obama was the face of change in 2008, that face of change this year is Reshma. She has never held political office before although she has been an activist her entire life. She was a top person with Kerry 2004, and she was a top person with Hillary 2008. Since Hillary herself is in the cabinet, I am thinking we Obama people have forgiven "them." She is excellent in the three departments money, message, and organization. Reshma captures the mood for insurgency across the country. She can rightfully say, if you want to add new fuel to the message of change, vote Democratic. Barack has the slight disadvantage of having been in the White House two years, thereabouts.
- All those women who cracked up that glass ceiling in 2008. (Firefighters Booing Hillary: Sexist, Al Hagan: Capable Of A Hate Crime, Al Hagan, Carolyn Maloney: Did They Apologize Yet?) Guess what, they are still there. Reshma crisscrossing the country is going to get them riled up. They will become more likely to show up at the polls. (Carolyn Maloney: The Alan Keyes Of District 14)
- Reshma is literally the second stimulus bill this country needs. (Reshma Saujani Is The Second Stimulus Bill This Country Needs) The president should let her do some of the talking on as to how this country is going to move from a 10% unemployment rate to a more healthy 5%. I mean 10% could lead to social unrest. Some say it is already happening. It is called the tea party. Reshma's message is that you need to mend the frayed relationship between Wall Street and Main Street to get people back to work, and now, after Wall Street reform, is the time for it.
- Just like in 2008, the choice is still between the past and the future. There is no turning back the clock. This country has to choose the future one more time. And Reshma is the face of that future. Reshma could credibly make that case. (Reshma's Is Top Primary Race To Watch In America: BusinessWeek In May) Barack beat McCain in a presidential race. Reshma has beat McCain in this BusinessWeek race. (Positivity, Excellence, Dark Matter)
- The 18-38 crowd put Obama into power. That crowd now wants some power for itself. And it starts with Reshma. We run the danger of our 2008 surge crowd not showing up in full force in November. Reshma's crisscrossing the country will give them a big reason to show up. Change now looks like us. (Uptown Upstart, Extrapolations To Reshma 2016, Reshma On CNBC)
- Charlie Rangel is the Bear Stearns of the US Congress. (Perfect Time For Congress Reform, Rangel Has Gone Radioactive, Charlie Rangel, Carolyn Maloney And Their Ethics Violations, Charlie Rangel: Motherfucker, Rangel And Maloney Need To Vacate The Premises And For The Same Reasons, The Rangel Drama) I am in disbelief how the New York congressional delegation is giving standing ovations to the crook. That guy is now a political suicide bomber, and he could single handedly cost the Dems the House. He has to be isolated, contained, and quarantined. Bear Stearns' collapse needed to be localized. Do not repeat the mistake. Reshma Saujani has been singing exactly the right tunes on Rangel. She will help the president make the case that Obama might also be black, but he is no Charlie Rangel, and Reshma is a New Yorker, but she feels the same.
- Reshma has a presence. (Reshma Saujani: Top 10 Women To Watch In America)
And then on October 31, they should together celebrate Gandhi's birthday, (Gandhi, Reshma And Tornadoes, Reshma Is Gujarati Like Gandhi, I Am Bihari Like Laloo, Vogue India Features Reshma) and then Obama should give Reshma a few days to crisscross her own district. (The First Time I Heard The Obama Name)