Clinton 08 Is Getting Desperate
- Michigan and Florida don't count.
- Obama has won many more states, more votes, more delegates. He almost took Brooklyn.
- It has now become technically, mathematically, impossible for Hillary to win enough delegates to secure the nomination. She can not get a 30% margin in OH, TX, PA, which is what she needs. (OH, TX, PA: Treat Them Well)
- Obama has more money, and can raise much more, faster.
- March 4 will be tougher on her than it ought to have been. She is hastening her demise through the tactics of desperation. Her supporters have started to desert. The negative tone will make things worse for her. (If Hillary Goes Negative, She Finishes Third In Iowa)
- Worst case scenario: she might not even be running mate if she goes too negative now. (Running Mate) There are women governors in Kansas and Washington waiting in the wings. (Barackface: A Ying Yang Scenario, Barackface: A Woman For Running Mate, Perhaps A Governor)
- I think Barack will take Texas. (Hillary's Rudy Strategy: She Will Lose March) Then it is over. If she delivers a good concession speech, she could be running mate. (A Vote For Barack Is Not A Vote Against Hillary)
- The convention will be no firewall. The superdelegates are not going to disrespect the people.
In The News
Do-or-die Hillary turns bully as Obama Times Online an air of desperation in Hillary Clinton’s camp. ..... Obama, 46, is being tarred as a cultish, messianic figure who talks big but cannot deliver. ..... white women, blue collar workers and Hispanics – her core supporters – have begun to peel away. ...... Privately, her mood has darkened after losing eight primaries and caucuses in a row. The reali-sation that without a series of huge victories in the remaining contests it is impossible for Clinton to win enough “pledged” delegates to clinch the nomination has sent her staff into shock. ...... Tempers have been running high within the Clinton camp. ..... Insiders say the atmosphere is dark, even though the fight is not over yet. ..... there have been too many chiefs and not enough Indians ....... friends of Bill or “white boys”, as Penn and Terry McAu-liffe, the campaign chairman, are known, have long viewed “Hillaryland” – the closed circle of female friends – with suspicion. ....... “There was a feeling that nobody was in charge,” said one observer. “She would try to play honest broker and go to Hillary with, ‘Mark says this, Mandy says that, Howard [Wolfson, her communications chief] says this’ when what they needed was a general.” ....... she did not have the nerve to tell her the campaign was haemorrhaging cash at an alarming rate, a troubling sign of the fear and apprehension that Clinton inspires among staff. ....... staff blew through a mind-boggling $130m and still ended up out-organised by Obama ...... Obama ahead by 47% to 43% ....... Bill Clinton is also campaigning with begging bowl in hand for funds. ...... Daughter Chelsea, 27, has gone from silent campaign accessory to full-throttle surrogate, holding rallies of her own on college campuses. Only now is Clinton’s campaign beginning to invest in states that have yet to vote, after assuming that Obama would at this stage be out of the race. ......... Clinton’s camp has been circulating stories criticising the “cult” of Obama in the hope of portraying “Obamania” as a mass delusion ........ “Media figures call Obama supporters’ behaviour ‘creepy’, compare them to Hare Krishna and Charles Manson followers”. ....... The campaign entered a nasty phase last week with the determination of Clinton’s team to revive delegates from the “ghost” primaries of Michigan and Florida, by legal action if necessary. ..... Even some Clinton supporters are aghast at the prospect that she might try to “steal” the election in this way. ..... her last stand at the Alamo. Her Texas firewall may already be crumbling: one poll on Friday put Obama ahead by 48% to 42% ...... Many Democrats predict a bloody civil war should Obama be defeated by the white men in suits who have run the party for decades. ...... Party leaders are watching her performance with apprehension, wondering if she really is willing to tear the Democrats apart in order to capture every last vote. Nancy Pelosi said: “It would be a problem for the party if the verdict would be something different than the public has decided.” ....... Obama’s ability to outmanoeuvre Clinton is showing in the battle for superdelegates. ...... Obama was already planning for the long game.
Clinton Campaign Gearing Up For Convention Showdown
Obama's Momentum vs. the Clintons' Moxy Forbes, USA Barack Obama leading Hillary Clinton 49% to 37% among likely Democratic primary voters. ..... on February 14 the United Food and Commercial Workers, one of the largest unions in the country, endorsed Barack Obama. The backing of both unions will strengthen Obama’s support in the Hispanic community.