The Grassroots Power Woman
Bidya Bhandari: Power Woman
Power Woman Protest
20 Million Single Moms: Will Obama Go For Them?
Michelle Obama Is Just Fabulous
Domestic Violence, Equal Pay
Wife Won't Do, Got To Court Women With Policy And Outreach
Muscular Gender Agenda
(1) Equal Pay
(2) War On Domestic Violence
(3) Cabinet Half Female
(4) Universal Health
(5) Lifelong Education
The Spectrum Concept: Wide Applications
The Spectrum On Gender
The Spectrum/Dialogue Concept Is Key To Power
Obama 2008 is going to give birth to the grassroots power woman.
- She realizes she has the power.
- She joins and/or creates local groups.
- She does not shy away from taking leadership positions.
- She encourages other women to join.
- Most important, she understands and is vocal about the premise that you don't make progress on gender by talking about the weather. You make progress on gender by talking about gender.
- She feels it is okay to reach out to women in gender specific ways, both vertically and horizontally. No need to be apologetic.
- She takes pride in women who have risen up in leadership positions in the grassroots movement that is Obama 2008.
- She realizes it is bottom up, not top down.
- She does events and blogs events in settings like big progressive cities so as to reach out to women in more isolated and rural settings. She sends out vibes that way. She purposely brings up for discussion workplace issues and relationship issues in mixed gender settings.
- She role plays on workplace issues and relationship issues to educate the larger national audience on what's going on and what to do about what's going on. She videoblogs, photoblogs, textblogs.
Gonzales: It’s Official New York Times “I have lived the American dream. Even my worst days as attorney general have been better than my father’s best days.” ....... a decision that took many by surprise because it flew in the face of Mr. Bush’s adamant pronouncements that he would not ask Mr. Gonzales to. ...... it was the “drip, drip, drip” of partisan politics that wore Mr. Gonzales down.
Attorney General Gonzales Resigns
Villagers flee as wildfires blaze across Greece PR-Inside.com (Pressemitteilung) The worst wildfires in living memory ..... four days of raging fires sweeping across the country .... Driven by strong, hot winds and fueled by parched grass and trees, the fires have engulfed villages, forests and farmland, leaving in their wake a blackened landscape dotted with the carcasses of animals. New blazes broke out faster than others could be brought under control. ...... an explosive mixture of very adverse weather conditions, tinder-dry forests _ to an extent not seen for many years _ combined with the wild winds of the past two weeks. It's a recipe to burn the whole country. ........ From Evros in the north to the Western islands of Corfu and Kefalonia and down to the Peloponnese in the south ..... one tragedy stood out: A woman killed on Friday, her charred body found with her arms around her four children, might have been safe if she had stayed in her home. It was the only house left untouched by the flames in the village of Artemida in the western Peloponnese. ........ a fire raged out of control in Nafpaktos in the south, while another wall of flames crossed over Greece's northern border from Albania ..... Still more fires started on the island of Crete to the south and Evia, north of Athens. ..... Greek authorities have suggested arson caused many of the blazes ...... whether arson attacks could come under Greece's anti-terrorism and organized crime laws ..... one who drowned as he tried to flee the flames. ... The whole village is burning. It's been burning for three days ..... Ancient Olympia, the birthplace of the Olympic games and one of the most revered ancient sites, barely escaped destruction on Sunday, when a massive firefighting effort saved the 2,800-year-old ruins from flames that were leaping up to 100 meters (300 feet) in the air. ...... Helicopters and aircraft covered the ruins with water and foam. ..... A new front of fire was also reported on the island of Evia, north of Athens. Much of the large island has already been burned. ..... In the 24 hours from 6 a.m. on Sunday until Monday morning, 89 new fires broke out
Obama fires up crowd in Lexington
The Buzz: Giuliani staffer blasts Thompson Kansas City Star
23 more die in monsoon floods in India's Bihar state Earthtimes.org
Fla. Dems blame GOP for DNC action Washington Times
Greek fires blaze for fourth day Reuters
Bachchan delights with father's poems IndiaPost.com 'Bachchan Sandhya' at the Lincoln Center's Avery Fisher Hall in Manhattan, and the occasion, Harivanshrai Bachchan's centenary celebrated by Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan, USA, to coincide with the 60th Independence Day of India. ..... Amitabh was joined on the occasion by son Abhishek and daughter-in-law Aishwarya Rai ..... "He was a very simple man, born in a very poor family, struggled a lot, but remained an extremely disciplined man." The actor narrated several anecdotes from his childhood which reflected the many aspects of his father's writing prowess, strong determination and humanity.