2016 And Gender
The real gender issue this election cycle is that the fourth industrial revolution is going to balance it out for women in the workforce.
- Universal pre-K education everywhere in the country.
- Universal child care, many at the workplace itself or very near it. Self driving cars will mean less space needed for parking.
- Paid maternity and family leave.
- Universal public transportation everywhere in the country. It should no longer be a NYC or big city thing.
This will also mean more women entrepreneurs will take the plunge. Capitalism moves fast when new companies get formed fast and furious.
And there is a global dimension that is by now so in your face, thanks to social media. Gender empowerment is not a national issue.
- Treating domestic violence like any violence. A global 911.
- Tackling human trafficking the Abraham Lincoln way.
- Universal micro credit.
- One third of all elected offices in every country reserved for women.
If anything technology makes gender more of an issue. You can ignore it less and less. Sexist jokes and sexist comments should be offensive.